Within this dynamic role you will take the responsibility of the tactical and strategical HR operation of 17 hotels within the Netherlands.
About the HR team
The HR department is responsible for all the HR guidelines and trainings within Apollo Hotels and Leonardo Hotels in the Netherlands. This department supports a workforce of more than 1000 employees across the 17 hotels and within this role you take the responsibility to lead the HR team of 6FTE. Your direct report will be to the Managing Director the Netherlands & Belgium.
The HR Director role in short
You oversee the daily operations of the Human Resources department. Within this role you are responsible for the tactical and strategical HR areas such as Recruiting, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits and other employee-related matters.
Further within this role you take the full responsibility for the short and long term planning of all the HR related topics like workforce planning, retention plans, staffing strategies, occupational health and absenteeism management, salary and benefits administration, labour relations, benefits, training and development (Apollo Academy), etc.
Duties and responsibility of the Director of HR:
- You will be a member of the Senior Management Team of Apollo Hotels and Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands. You play an active role by coordinating and facilitating all People related matters on the business agenda. Including team- and organizational development.
- You will lead the HR team in a coaching style of management. You know how to put the right person on the right position in order to achieve personal-, team- and business growth.
- With your vision and the development of new ideas, you increase the overall impact of HR services across the hotels
- You manage the HR budget
Together with your HR team, you:
- Ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are designed, implemented, adhered to and continually improved.
- Develop and implement Apollo policies and procedures on compensation and benefits.
- Develop (and conduct) management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Continually assess employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- Develop and coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
- Encourage a good standard of employee conduct and behavior. Coordinate disciplinary procedure as and when necessary.
- Coordinate and improve on the annual performance cycle. Also review all appraisals and follow up on development needs, if required.
The profile that we are looking for
- You have a strong background in employment, employee relations, compensation and benefits and government regulations and policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- You enjoy working in and with an ambitious HR team. You have a “forward energy” and are able to handle multiple tasks at one time, you have a open and flexible mind(set).
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree education in HRM or Hospitality with a specialization in HRM. Knowledge in HR and Payroll Management Systems (HRIS Systems) is preferred as well as good skills in Microsoft Office.
- Human Resources management experience required preferably in the hospitality industry. You have a minimum experience of 3+ years in a similar Human Resources end responsible position including leading a team in a dynamic environment.
Apollo Hotels & Leonardo Hotels the Netherlands
You’ll be back! This is the spirit we have within Apollo Hotels. We are a dynamic organization with a no nonsense mentality. Being part of this hotel chain is leading and guiding a continuously changing environment. The main office will be located in the Ramada Amsterdam but you will travel across the different hotels to maintain a good relationship with the hotels.
Benefits of Apollo Hotels
- Competitive monthly salary;
- Company car, laptop and telephone
- Clothing allowance
- Apollo Weet Waar je Werkt Experience;
- Apollo Friends & Family rate;
- Collective health and non-life insurances;
- Company fitness.
Are you ready to take on this role? Apply now!
In case you have any questions in regards of this vacancy? Do reach out to Marjorie, Recruiter at Apollo Hotels at 06-19714535 or send your resume to Marjorie.email@example.com